- Pinelake Marina Limited is a resort in the hospitality industry that markets and
offers holiday accommodation, day visits, restaurants, a convenience store, a
coffee and cocktail bar, gym memberships, wedding venues, wedding and party
receptions and a conference facility.
- These conditions govern the terms and conditions under which you make use of and
access this website, which is the sole property of Pinelake Marina Limited.
- Binding effects of conditions
- By making use of or accessing this website you agree to be firmly bound to the
terms and conditions contained in these conditions. It is recorded that should
you not wish to be bound by these conditions then you should not make use of or
access this website.
- Website access
- You will be able to access parts of this website without having to register any
details with us. (However, particular areas of this website will only be
accessible if you have registered.)
- User of website
- You are permitted to use our website for your own purpose and to print and
download material from this website: Provided that, subject to paragraph 6.2,
you do not modify any non-amendable content without our consent. Material on
this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission
("Non-amendable content", shall mean content on the website, which does not
contain an invitation to amend, by posting pictures, comments, videos, blogs and
other invited content).
- The copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all
material on this website, including, but not limited to all, photographs,
images, text, graphics, logos, clips, data and software are owned by us or our
licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior written consent.
- Subject to paragraph 4.1, no part of this website may be reproduced without our
prior written permission.
- You accept full liability and responsibility for all activities that occur on
this website or relating thereto in respect of the confidentiality and security
of your name and password for access to this website, subject to what is said
hereunder. You undertake to ensure that the confidentiality and security of your
name and password are kept confidential and secure and indemnify and hold us
harmless in this regard.
- You undertake that if you come across untrue, inaccurate or defamatory
information in respect of us you shall immediately notify us.
- Website availability and amendments
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this website is available 24 (twenty
four) hours every day, 365 (three hundred and sixty five) days per year.
However, websites do encounter downtime due to server and, other technical
issues. Therefor we will not be held liable if this website is unavailable at
- This website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system
failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to amend, suspend, discontinue or terminate the content and
services on and available from this website without prior notice to you.
- Should the content of this website change or be amended, you shall continue to
abide and be firmly bound in terms of these conditions, including any such
updates or amendments, to the amended conditions.
- With the exception of personal information, the use of which is covered
hereunder, any material you send or post to this website shall be considered
non-proprietary and not confidential. Unless you advise us to the contrary we
will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such
material and/or for any and all purposes.
- When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website
material or information -
||for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite
racial hatred, breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance
or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would
be deemed to be a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise
is contrary to the laws of the Republic of South Africa; and
without limiting the generality of the aforesaid computer viruses, worms,
corrupt data, or other potentially harmful software, data or destructive
- This website may contain links to other websites outside our control. We have
not reviewed each third party website and accept no responsibility whatsoever
for such websites or their content. We do not endorse the other websites or
make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose
to access a third party website linked to this website, you do so at your own
risk. We may not share the views and opinions contained in the third party
- You should not link with or to our website without our prior written consent.
- If you choose to link our website in contravention of this paragraph, you
indemnify us and hold us harmless for any loss or damages suffered as a result.
- For purposes of this paragraph, the following definitions shall have to the
- "ECTA" means the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002,
enacted by the Republic of South Africa;
- "PAIA" means the Promotion of and Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000, enacted
by the Republic of South Africa;
- "personal information" means personal information as defined in PAIA and ECTA;
- "incidental information" means all the information collected by us on this
website including and not limited to personal information;
- It is recorded that we receive incidental information from you when you access
- By accessing this website, we collect, use and store certain of your personal
- You acknowledge and consent that we may use your personal information collected
by us by you accessing this website in terms of Section 51 of ECTA, to –
- to contact you, whether it be by electronic mail, telephone, traditional post or
- validate you as a person who we wish to do business with and accept as a guest
at our establishment;
- to prevent, detect and combat, phishing, fraud, any other criminal activity or
any unlawful conduct;
- prevent damage to any of our property;
- contact you about new offers and services that we may provide;
- pass on your information to selected third parties (selected by us in our sole
and absolute discretion); and
- compile research and reports which will allow us to analise same for purposes of
management research or generally improving our services and/or business
- Source codes and data
- You shall not tamper with reproduce, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise
access our source codes of this website without our prior written consent.
- By accessing this website, you agree not to scrape any data from this website
and agree that scraping is in direct breach of the terms and conditions
contained in these conditions and hold us harmless for any damages we or our
clients or third parties, may suffer in this regard.
- Delivery Policy:
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, bookings will
be processed within 2 (two) days and delivery confirmed by way of email and/or
SMS (for i.e. booking number and booking voucher).
- Return and Refunds Policy:
The provision of goods and services by us, is subject to availability. In case
of unavailability, we will refund you in full within 30 (thirty) days.
Cancellation of orders or reservations by you, will attract an administration
fee in accordance with the booking confirmation document which is available on
this website and which you confirm you have read and understood and have agreed
to the terms thereof.
- Payment options accepted:
Payment to us may be made via Visa or MasterCard, credit cards or by bank
transferring into the Pine Lake Marina Limited bank account. (The details of
which will be provided to you upon request in terms of this website).
- Credit Card acquiring and security:
Credit card transactions will be acquired by us via PayGate (Pty) Limited who
are our approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. PayGate uses
the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no
credit card details are stored on the website. (Users may go to
www.paygate.co.za to view PayGate's security certificate and security
- Customer details separate from card details:
Your information will be separated and stored from your card details which are
entered into by you on PayGate's secure site. (We refer you again to the PayGate
website for further detail).
- Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency:
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the
cardholder is the Republic of South Africa and our Transaction Currency is South
African Rand (ZAR).
You agree to be held directly responsible for any of the
transactions made by you on this website even if your account is used by others.
By effecting payment via this website, you agree and confirm that we have
entered into an electronic transaction as defined in ECTA (previously defined)
and that you have authorised us irrevocably to deduct or to debit the credit
card which you have provided for payment to us for services rendered or to be
- When making a reservation, you will be required to activate an account with us
whereafter an email will be sent to you to verify your email address.
- You will be required to enter personal information (as defined).
- You will be prompted to select the dates of your stay as well as the chalet type
which you require, whereafter the available chalets which match with your
requirements will be sent to you for you to make a selection.
- You understand that the chalets are subject to availability in terms of
- Cleaning services may be selected as an optional extra for stays of less than 5
(five) days whereas for stays longer than 5 (five) days, an automatic cleaning
service will be added at the additional cost provided for.
- Once your selection is confirmed and verified, you will be provided with a
payment interface which interacts with Paygate.
- You understand that you want to ensure that when making a payment, the address
https://pinelakemarina.co.za/ and the security certificate is
our certificate issued by Thawte to us. You take the full responsibility to
ensure that the above process is followed to the letter.
- When payment is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
agreed to be firmly bound thereby.
- You understand that any communications or information on this website may and
can be intercepted.
- You understand that by its very nature, the internet is not a secure platform
and therefore you understand that we cannot ensure privacy and therefore take no
- You agree that we will not be held responsible for any damages that you, your
employees, your agents or any other third parties, may suffer as a result of any
information, be it confidential, or otherwise which you have made available to
us through the medium of the internet, including any errors or changes which are
made to or about the information.
- If you visit this website without disclosing any personal information (as
previously defined), you still irrevocably grant express and written permission
for us or our website service providers to connect your IP address and user
computer. You agree that the aforesaid information can be used by us as we, in
our sole discretion, require and deem fit and you accept that we accept no
obligation to protect this information which you agree is freely copyable,
distributable, saleable and/or useable by us.
- You agree, subject to paragraph 8.4, that you provide us with an irrevocable,
non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt,
translate, distribute, publish and derive and/or create any other works out of
the personal information (previously defined) that you provide us with when
requested by us through this website. We may exercise our rights in terms of
this paragraph without penalty of any royalty, or fee, or damages.
- Any incidental information (previously defined), which you provide us with,
(i.e. that information which we have not requested you to provide us with), may
be used by us in the same way as the personal information listed above: Provided
that we will not be limited by paragraph 8.4. You warrant that the incidental
information is your own, that it is accurate and that you are not infringing any
other person's rights when providing us with this information and provide us
with the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, edit or remove such
information. You, however, agree that you will not post any incidental
information on our website without the prior written consent given to you by us.
- You agree that we may send you any promotional information compiled by us,
provided that you have the express right to opt-out of any such promotional
information by contacting us by using our contact details provided hereunder.
- You agree subject to paragraphs 12.6 and 12.7, that any information that we
receive via this website is fully transferrable by us to any third party, should
we wish to dispose thereof.
- You agree that we are not under any obligation, other than the obligations under
ECTA, to protect or store any information.
- You agree that we may intercept, block, read, delete, disclose and/or use all
communications and/or information sent to us, subject of course to the
provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act, 70 of 2002
and you expressly hereby agree that your consent to do so, satisfies the
requirements of both ECTA and the aforesaid Act in writing.
- You confirm and undertake that you have read through these conditions and
understand the content thereof. You expressly agree that the language used in
these conditions is understandable by you.
- Professional Advise
- You agree that you were free to obtain professional advise before agreeing to
these conditions and/or accessing this website. By accessing this website, you
agree and confirm that you have either received such advise or have dispensed
with the necessity to receive same. We will not be held liable for the costs of
any advise that you seek.
- You agree that we provide accommodation, catering or leisure services and that,
when a transaction is concluded in terms of this website, we agree to provide
you services on a specific date or at a specific period, you therefore do not
enjoy a "cooling-off" right as contemplated in Section 44 of ECTA.
- Exclusion of liability
- You agree to hold us harmless and exclude us from any liability for whatever
damages you may suffer or that third parties may suffer as a result of
non-compliance with these conditions by you or any of your employees, agents or
third parties using your account details.
- You understand that we will not be held liable for any damages which you may
suffer when accessing or making use of this website, including but not limiting
the generality of the aforesaid, the use of our payment system, the transmission
or publishing of any incidental or personal information provided by you, the
interception of any incidental information, or the scraping of any information.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions as and when we deem fit
and you undertake, when using this website, to stay up to date with any
amendments to these conditions.
- Whole agreement and costs
- These conditions contain the whole agreement between us and no variation thereof
shall be of any force and effect unless we vary the conditions or unless we
agree in writing (and signed by both us) with reference to these conditions that
a new agreement has been entered into between us.
- You agree to be held liable for all our costs on an attorney/client scale (in
accordance with the Court's applicable tariffs, based on South African Law),
should we need to institute any action or legal proceedings against you as a
result of any breach of these conditions.
- Governing law
- You agree that the laws of the Republic of South Africa are applicable to these
conditions and agreements created in terms thereof between us.
- You hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa
(Western Cape, Cape Town) for all disputes or other legal proceedings between us
resulting from the use of this website and/or emanating out of these conditions.
- In accordance with ECTA we make the following information available to you as a
result of any agreement entered into and between us which constitutes an
electronic transaction as defined
in ECTA :
Pine Lake Marina Limited
Registration Number :
VAT Registration Number :
Physical address :
Pine Lake Marina Resort, N2 (Swartvlei exit), Sedgefield, 6573.
Telephone number :
+27 (0)44 349 2200
Place of registration :
The British Virgin Islands
Cadogan Directors Limited
We accept all legal proceedings and legal documents at the following address:
C/o Raubenheimers Incorporated
60 Cathedral Street
Western Cape, South Africa.
[Reference: Dr. W van Breda (or) Rick Claughton].